Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Meeting

Thanks everyone that could come tonight to "discuss" The Mysterious Benedict Society.  Although we really just chatted and ate delicious chocolate cake (Annie can you post the recipe!?) I wanted to say that I really did like this book.  I thought it was creative and cute and I can't wait until my boys are older because this is the type of book I can see reading aloud to them chapter by chapter at bedtime.  I've got the 2nd book on hold at the library and can't wait to read that one, either.  Thanks Melinda for bringing it to the Christmas party so that we could read it!

Upcoming:
Next month is discussing "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett at Michele's house on March 25th, and then we're discussing "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver at Rika's house on April 22nd. Makayla volunteered to host for May 27th but the book is still being decided. Wow, are we really planned this far in advance?!

Thanks again to all who came tonight!

No comments: