Thursday, May 28, 2009

May meeting + July pick

Thanks Makayla for hosting a great May meeting! The general consensus about "Three Cups of Tea" was that those that read it, loved it, but most of us just weren't into it this month. We all agreed that someone that could put their life on hold to go out and make such monumental changes in others lives was someone that was pretty amazing though!

We picked a book for July and Michelle graciously offered her home to have the meeting. I recently read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins in about 4 hours because I COULD NOT put it down. I loved it. It's a Young Adult novel so the writing is easy to digest but the story is so good -- at least I thought. It's set in the future (but isn't too sci-fi for those of you that don't like that genre) and is a great mix of action with a love story - and it leaves you with a great cliffhanger at the end - enough that you're smacking the couch in frustration that the 2nd book doesn't get released until September 1st. Or maybe that was just me.

Either way - I hope you guys like it as much as I did. The library system seems to have a lot of copies - when I put myself on the list I was #98 in the queue so I thought I'd be waiting forever, but actually got it in about a week.

See you in June to discuss "The Laments"!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Loved "Hunger Games" and am excited to have a reason to read it again!! I changed my email because it was getting too spammy, so sorry I didn't go to book club! I'm still planning on hosting in June :-)
Melinda

Michele said...

I second the "I COULD NOT put it down" part! Although it took me a little longer to get through due to interuptions...aka children!

Melinda said...

Hi, just confirming that book club will be at my house on June 25th at 7... I live 2 doors up from Robyn @ 11591 Roselawn. Hope to see you then!!
Melinda